1. PHP 7.3.0 or newer;
2. WordPress 5.0.0 or newer;
3. WooCommerce 5.0.0 or newer.
1. Using your favourite FTP client, upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/wmyc-autofreeshipping directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly (recommended).
2. Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen in WordPress.
3. At this point, the plug-in is fully operational, but, should you wish to customize it, follow the next steps.
4. Navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Shipping -> Auto free shipping to configure the plugin.
1. Coupon and shipping class label – This label will be used for both the product shipping class and coupon labels;
2. Show product promo free shipping message – Whether or not to show the promotional message in the product details page; by default, it is enabled;
3. Product promo free shipping message banner – This message will be displayed if a product is assigned the shipping class which grants free shipping.
4. On checkout, if free shipping is available, hide paid shipping methods – On checkout, if free shipping is available, paid shipping methods will be hidden. If available, local pickup will also be preserved.
Automatically installed assets
This plug-in will automatically create the following WooCommerce assets:
1. A free shipping coupon, with the folowing parameters:
– code: wmycaf_promo_free_shipping
– name: the one you select in the above-mentioned plug-in settings page;
– type: Fixed cart discount;
– allow free shipping: true.
2. A shipping class, with the following parameters:
– slug: wmycaf-free-shipping;
– name: the one you select in the above-mentioned plug-in settings page.
How to designate products for promotional free shipping
1. Navigate to the desired product’s editor page;
2. Navigate to Product Data -> Shipping tab;
3. Set the shipping class of the product as the one mentioned above.
Viewing promotional free shipping status for all products
As of version 1.1.0, this plug-in adds a new column to the product listing page, called “Grants free shipping”, which displays “Yes” if a product has the selected shipping class mentioned above and “No” if it does not.
Additionally, it also adds a filter that allows you to only display the products that have promotional free shipping enabled.
The filter is called “Only products that grant free shipping” and is displayed above the product grid, along with the other standard filters.
Quickly enabling or disabling promotional free shipping for a product
The plug-in adds a link to each row in the product listing page that allows you to toggle on or off promotional free shipping for each product, without having to go through the editor page.
For products that have promotional free shipping enabled, the link “Disable free shipping” will be enabled, that allows you to disable promotional free shipping.
For products that have promotional free shipping disabled, the link “Enable free shipping” will be enabled, that allows you to enable promotional free shipping.
Checking your product
1. Navigate to the that product’s store details page.
2. You should notice a box displaying the message you set in the plug-in settings page.
Since version 1.1.1, the plug-in alters the standard WooCommerce coupon management, but only for the special coupon it maintains, by:
- removing the delete option for that coupon;
- disabling some of the edit fields in the coupon editor page.
The other coupons are not affected.
Additionally, there is a new column in the coupon listing page, named “Promo free shipping coupon”, which has the value of “Yes” for the special coupon this plugin manages and “No” for all other coupons.
Shipping class management
Since version 1.1.1, the plug-in alters the standard WooCommerce shipping class management, but only for the special shipping class it maintains by removing the delete and edit options for that shipping class.
That’s all there is to it.